November 11-20 2017 Steve Kaufman 2017 Jamming in Africa Safari
Call now to Reserve 505-401-2988
Bongani Mountain Lodge
This is a small group workshop with personal attention a big priority. We are limiting this group to only 12 attendees.
Jam Workshop and African Safari
Join us for an unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime experience traveling to Africa for an African Photo Safari. I can’t tell you how excited Donna and I are to be teaming up with our Safari hosts Kevin and Tricia Dooley on an adventure that none of us will forget for the rest of our lives. In my many years of teaching and traveling the world to hold group guitar workshops there has never been a destination as special as visiting Africa. We’ll spend our mornings and late afternoons exploring the wildlife of South Africa, and the mid day will be filled with Jamming and Learning New Tunes that will be fun and rewarding. Our evenings and nights will be spent in a beautiful safari lodge, including exceptional African cuisine. The workshop will be a small group with lots of tunes and songs and some individual attention.
Bring along your spouse or friend even if they don’t play an instrument, the Safari alone should be an unforgettable experience.
Please contact Kevin and allow him to describe this incredible experience to you with all the reasons you should consider joining us.
The first night in South Africa we will be staying at the Lesedi Cultural Village.
During our Safari we will be at the Bongani Mountain Lodge. Both locations provide luxurious and traditionally-styled accommodations for you to enjoy.
Below is a general outline of our daily schedule while on Safari: All Activities are optional, the camp is a great place to just relax and enjoy nature.
6:00 AM Wake Up
6:30 AM Tea/Coffee/ Snacks
6:45 AM Leave on Safari
10:00 AM Return from Safari
10;15 AM Full Breakfast
11:30 AM Jam Session with Steve
1:30 PM Lunch
3:30 PM High Tea
3:45 PM Leave on Safari
Return at Dark
8PM Full Dinner, time by the fire, and bed time
Join Idube Photo safaris on the Steve Kaufman Jam Safari of a life time, not just a jam session, this is a full African Safari. We stay in some of Southern Africa’s best luxury safari lodges with comfort, Game viewing experiences, and cuisine in mind. Our Jam Session normally take place during the mid day hours after your made to order breakfast and before a yummy Lunch. The daily workshops last approximately an hour, plus the teaching and experience while on the Game Drives. On workshops with a guest speaker and Kevin Dooley of Idube photo safaris, you will also get wildlife photography tips in addition to the guest speakers program. Of course you will still have time between the mid day workshop and the afternoon/evening game drive to relax around the pool and lodge or take a nap. There will be no classes on the last day in order to pack and prepare to return home.
Your African Safari
This is a limited seating Safari and will fill up fast. Call 505-401-2988
This is a full African Safari that takes place in one of the most beautiful safari areas in Africa. We will be using open safari vehicles where you will get to experience African wildlife up close and personal. This is a unique and amazing opportunity to experience Africa in a way that very few people get to do. Kevin Dooley will also be available to help and teach wildlife photography techniques. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to learn from the amazing Rick Sammon and go on a full African Safari.
Your First Night in South Africa.
You will most likely be arriving at approximitly 5:30 PM. Delta Airlines has a non stop flight from Atlanta to Johannesburg. We will pick you up at the Airport in Johannesburg, Please make sure to forward us your flight information. We prefer to work closley with each safari member to make sure that all the flight bookings are correct, Please check with us when making your flight reservations. On your arrival evening in Johannesburg you will need to secure a hotel room, this is not included in the safari cost and will be at your expense. We recommend the Emperors Palace Peermont Metcourt which is only approximately 5 min from the Johannesburg airport. If you select a different hotel, please meet us at emperors palace no later then 8AM. Our Tours normally depart from this location at approximately 8:30 AM on the Beginning day of your Safari. Link to the Metcourt please make your own reservation. http://www.emperorspalace.com/hotels/peermont-metcourt-hotel
Shopping Experience at Cambanos & Son
Idube Photo Safaris has searched for the ultimate South African Shopping Experience . Clothing, Jewelry, Arts and Crafts, Beadwork, Drums, and just about everything under the sun that is African. This business is one of the biggest in South Africa, supplying the world with African curios. But the pledge remains the same “Make sure the customer is happy” and hope they eventually become friends. The business is still run by the family today; Gerry Cambanos is only a phone call away if you require a piece of Africa in your home. We will spend approximately two hours at this amazing location. This stop will be in route to our Lesedi Cultural Village Experience and sleepover.
Lesedi Cultural Village Overnight.
On arrival at Lesedi in the late afternoon, you’ll be welcomed by the families who then take you to their homestead where you will be staying. The head of the home then becomes your personal escort for the rest of your stay. Once settled in your comfortable accommodation huts, you’ll be introduced to the many colourful and fascinating aspects of the cultures of the people of Lesedi.
Added Bonus on this safari.
Wildlife Photographer and Safari Guide Kevin Dooley will be available to teach wildlife photography to those who are interested. Both on the safari vehicle and around the lodge Kevin will be giving out helpful wildlife photography tips to those who are interested. If we have enough spouses of the Players that are interested, we can also do a mid day photography workshop. All levels of photographers are welcome, even those who just want to get some basic help on making their safari photos better. No Extra Charge.
Your Safari Lodge. Bongani Mountain Lodge
Bongani Mountain Lodge and discover the spirit of Africa when you follow in the footsteps of the great African explorers and hunters of yesteryear. Located in the shadows of the Malelane Mountain range and surrounded by the African bushveld, this is a place where you can connect with a simpler life, the tranquillity of nature and the culture and history of this fascinating area. Walk the ancient paths once used by the San people, with over 250 recorded San rock art sites, estimated to be 1500 years old, the greatest concentration of recorded rock art per square metre on earth.
Bongani Mountain Lodge features private deck accommodation with astounding 360-degree views. Enjoy a sundowner as the sun sets and you might even have an animal sighting as they disappear into the horizon. Relax around a fire under the stars and enjoy the sublime dishes prepared by our chefs over the flames and presented in traditional African style.
Rock Art Tours
Cultural Village Tours
Kruger National Park Drives
Adventurous Game Drives
Bush walks through the game reserve in Mpumalanga are available
This attractive and relaxing restaurant has beautiful views of the bush and mountains and offers a delicious bush breakfast, leisurely lunch and buffet dinner. The food is wholesome and hearty offering mouth-watering dishes and complemented by warm, friendly service.
This is the perfect setting to relax around an open-fire and dine under the stars while our chefs prepare the most delicious meals cooked over the flames and presented in traditional African style. Weather permitting.
Light meals and snacks can be enjoyed whilst taking in the magnificent views of the mountains and the bushveld. Sip a sundowner as the sunsets and you might even have a sighting of animals as they disappear into the horizon.
- Our Vehicles and Guides: No big buses, Only very small private groups, we will be with you for your Safari. With Idube Photo Safaris, you will enjoy the private use of a specially outfitted 4-wheel drive safari vehicles providing for maximum flexibility, comfort and wildlife viewing. We will help with setting up your gear to photograph wildlife and will make suggestions on camera gear and camera support. You will normally have two game drives a day,(weather permitting) that normally last three to four hours each. You have the option to join us on all our game drives or to skip a game drive and just relax around the lodge. Our Game Drive vehicles are equipped with spot lights for night time game drives, radios for communication with the lodge and other safari vehicles, as well as blankets and ponchos. Your private guide will have expert knowledge about the area you will be traveling, the wildlife you will be experiencing, will be completely devoted to your party – answering questions and sharing information about your wildlife encounters. Because our groups all have a common interest, we can tailor the game drives to our interests.
- Wildlife Viewing: Are wildlife areas are huge and have a very large diversity of Animal life, Bird life, Plant life, and Geology. We may choose to focus on predators (lions, hyaenas, cheetahs and leopards), or the large herbivores (elephants, giraffes, rhinos, zebra, and wildebeest ) however we never know what we might come across while out in the African bush. We do share radio calls and work with other Safari Vehicles in the area, working together to locate the best wildlife sightings. In addition to looking for wildlife, we stop in the mornings for coffee and muffins , and in the evening for sundowners and snacks.
- Your Hosts: Kevin and or Tricia will be with you for your Safari. We will provide a meet and greet at the airport, as well as be with you to help with everything on your Safari. Kevin Dooley is a qualified FGASA nature guide and professional wildlife and portrait/wedding photographer. The advantages of having a professional photographer and wildlife guide with you on safari are many. With the knowledge of photography, the passion of getting just the right image and lighting, and the training in locating wildlife and understand their behavior is a big bonus to have on safari. Tricia Dooley is from South Africa. Tricia has a great knowledge of the country, it’s people, and the advantage of knowing the roads and directions to great places to visit and see. Tricia also has the advantage of communicating and understanding the local people.
Jam Sessions will take place for an hour during mid-day on most days. Bring the instruments you are most comfortable playing along with extra strings, picks, tuner batteries and whatever you think you’ll need. No need to bring a music stand.
Suggested songs can be found at http://www.flatpik.com/announcements/bongani-mountain-lodge-south-africa-jamming-in-africa . Print them out and bring them along.
- Steve Kaufman Safari
- $8499.00 per couple, $4399.00 Single workshop, $395.00
- 09 nights 10 Days
- Depart USA November 10th 2017
- Arrive Johannesburg November 11th 2017
- Hotel November 11th 2017
- Shopping and Lesedi Cultural Center Monday November 12th 2017
- Bongani Camp Safari November 13-19 2017
- Airport Johannesburg November 20 2017
- USA Arrival Wednesday November 21st 2017
- Workshop Fee $395.00
Steve Kufman Guitar Safari
IDUBE Photo Safaris 2414 Juan Tabo NE Albuquerque NM 87112 505-345-6322 Cell 505-401-2988 Fax 505-345-1539
E MAIL CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org
South Africa Photo Safaris Banjo Workshops Wildlife photography photography workshops Honeymoons Guitar Workshops African Safaris