Ross Nickerson Banjo Safari 2018 October 28th-November 8th. Already filling up Call now 505-401-2988 or 505-345-6322
This is a limited number workshop. We will only have space for 12 people including spouses. Call right away as it will fill up fast. 505-401-2988
Join me for an unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime African Safari experience, Imagine traveling to Africa for an African Photo Safari and Banjo Workshop. I can’t tell you how excited I am to be teaming up with our Safari hosts Kevin and Tricia Dooley on an adventure that none of us will forget for the rest of our lives. In my many years of teaching privately and traveling the world to hold group banjo workshops there has never been a destination as special as visiting Africa.
We’ll spend our mornings and late afternoons exploring the wildlife of South Africa, and the mid day will be filled with a banjo workshop that will be fun and rewarding. Our evenings and nights will be spent
in a beautiful safari lodge, including exceptional African cuisine.
The workshop will be a small group with lots of opportunity for private lessons and a relaxed atmosphere. Bring along your spouse or friend even if they don’t play the banjo, the Safari alone should
be an unforgettable experience. The Ross Nickerson Banjo Safari is a full African Safari with the added touch of a Banjo Workshop.
Please contact Kevin and allow him to describe this incredible experience to you with all the reasons you should consider joining us.
Visit Ross https://banjoteacher.com
Visit Kevin at
1- 505-401-2988 email email@example.com
What you will learn
After an interview and ‘Meet and Greet’ session, your Banjo work shop will be custom designed to fit the needs and desires of the group.
The workshops will last approx 1 to 1.5 hours per day with hands on experience and teaching.
workshop will Take Place during mid day between your morning and evening game drives and Safari Activities.
This is a bring your own Banjo workshop. Most airlines will allow you to bring your banjo on the plane as a carry on. Please ck with your carrier. We have had very Positive experiences with folks bringing banjos, most folks do place them in the overhead bin. However we have also had some people put them in with the luggage. It is a good idea to use a hard case. Idube has a few rental Banjos available on a first come first serve bases. Call for availability. 505-345-6322
Your African Safari
This is a full African Safari that takes place in one of the most beautiful safari areas in Africa. We will be using open safari vehicles where you will get to experience African wildlife up close and personal. This is a unique and amazing opportunity to experience Africa in a way that very few people get to do. We will also be available to help and teach wildlife photography techniques. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to learn from the amazing Ross Nickerson and go on a full African Safari.
Added Bonus on this safari.
wildlife Photographer and Safari Guide Kevin Dooley will be available to teach wildlife photography to those who are interested. Both on the safari vechicle and around the lodge Kevin will be giving out helpful wildlife photography tips to those who are interested. If we have enough spouses of the Banjo Players that are interested, we can also do a mid day photography workshop. All levels of photographers are welcome, even those who just want to get some basic help on making their safari photos better. No Extra Charge.
Your First Night in South Africa.
You will most likely be arriving at approximitly 5:30 PM. Delta Airlines has a non stop flight from Atlanta to Johannesburg. We will pick you up at the Airport in Johannesburg, Please make sure to forward us your flight information. We prefer to work closley with each safari member to make sure that all the flight bookings are correct, Please check with us when making your flight reservations. On your arrival evening in Johannesburg you will need to secure a hotel room, this is not included in the safari cost and will be at your expense. We recommend the Emperors Palace Peermont Metcourt which is only approximately 5 min from the Johannesburg airport. If you select a different hotel, please meet us at emperors palace no later then 8AM. Our Tours normally depart from this location at approximately 8:30 AM on the Beginning day of your Safari. Link to the Metcourt please make your own reservation. http://www.emperorspalace.com/hotels/peermont-metcourt-hotel
Shopping Experience at Cambanos & Son
Idube Photo Safaris has searched for the ultimate South African Shopping Experience . Clothing, Jewelry, Arts and Crafts, Beadwork, Drums, and just about everything under the sun that is African. This business is one of the biggest in South Africa, supplying the world with African curios. But the pledge remains the same “Make sure the customer is happy” and hope they eventually become friends. The business is still run by the family today; Gerry Cambanos is only a phone call away if you require a piece of Africa in your home. We will spend approximately two hours at this amazing location. This stop will be in route to our Lesedi Cultural Village Experience and sleepover.
Lesedi Cultural Village Overnight.
On arrival at Lesedi in the late afternoon, you’ll be welcomed by the families who then take you to their homestead where you will be staying. The head of the home then becomes your personal escort for the rest of your stay. Once settled in your comfortable accommodation huts, you’ll be introduced to the many colourful and fascinating aspects of the cultures of the people of Lesedi.
The Safari Lodge
Makalali Private Game Lodge
Tandane means “place of love”. The centre consists of a unique thatch-covered main building, an open kitchen and entertainment area. This is Makalali’s conference venue and ideal for conferences, private dining, weddings, gala events, etc. The use of flame torches creates a mystical and fiery African ambience at night.
Mkhiwa means Sycamore Fig and is named after the large fig tree which stands over the main area creating some welcome shade.Emtomeni camp
Emtomeni, Mkhiwa’s sister camp, means Jackelberry tree. This camp is able to accommodate groups who require more than six rooms at a time. However each camp can still run separately with its own dining area, to create that personal touch.
Game Drives and Safari’s
You could encounter the “Big Five” and an abundance of wildlife and birdlife on your game drive. Game drives are in open landrover’s and are conducted twice daily. An experienced tracker will impart his knowledge of the bush, game and birdlife to enhance your game drive. Coffee and rusks are provided on the morning game drives and guest can enjoy sundowners on the evening game drives. Game Drive times fluctuate through the year depending on the temperatures, but are generally are 3 to 4 hours long.
[gallery_bank type=”images” format=”masonry” title=”false” desc=”false” responsive=”true” special_effect=”none” animation_effect=”bounce” album_title=”true” album_id=”23″]
Your Safari and Banjo Workshop
Join Idube Photo safaris on the music workshop and African Safari of a life time, not just a workshop, this is a full African Safari. We stay in some of Southern Africa’s best luxery safari lodges with comfort, Game viewing experiences, and cuisine in mind. Our Workshops normally take place during the mid day hours after your made to order breakfast and before a yummy Lunch. The daily workshops last approxitmtly an hour and a half, plus the teaching and experience while on the Game Drives. On workshops with a guest speaker and Kevin Dooley of Idube photo safaris, you will also be available for wildlife photography tips in addition to the guest speakers program. Of course you will still have time between the mid day workshop and the afternoon/evening game drive to relax around the pool and lodge or take a nap.
Below is a general outline of our daily schedule while on Safari: All Activities are optional, the camp is a great place to just relax and enjoy nature.
5:30 AM Wake Up 6:00 AM Tea/Coffee/ Snacks
6:30 AM Leave on Safari
10:00 AM Return from Safari
10;15 AM Full Breakfast
11:30 AM Banjo Workshop Session
1:30 PM Lunch
(NOTE) Depending on what time we get back from the morning game drive, we sometimes combine Breakfast and lunch into a brunch.
3:30 PM High Tea
3:45 PM Leave on Safari
Return at Dark
8PM Full Dinner, time by the fire, and bed time
- Safari Vehicles and Nature Guides: No big buses, we will be together as a private group. Kevin and or Tricia will be with you for your Safari. With Idube Photo Safaris, you will experience the fun and excitement of wildlife viewing and photography from a outfitted 4-wheel drive safari vehicle. We will help with setting up your gear to photograph wildlife and will make suggestions on camera gear and camera mounts and support. You will normally have two game drives a day,(weather permitting, normally there will only be one game drive on lodge arrival and departure days). Game Drives last approximately three to four hours each. We Do our Game Drives during the best times of the day for wildlife activities and photographic lighting. You have the option to join us on all our game drives or to skip a game drive and just relax around the lodge. Our Game Drive vehicles are equipped with a spot light for night time viewing, giving us the opportunity to spot and locate nocternal species as well as experience the behavior differences between daytime and nighttime activity. Radios for communication with the lodge and other safari vehicles , as well as blankets and ponchos, and water and snacks, are kept on the vehicles to provide warmth and comfort in the early mornings and evenings. Your guide will have expert knowledge about the area , the wildlife you will be experiencing and photographing. The guides will also be answering questions and sharing information about the wildlife, the flora, and the culture. Because our groups all have a common interest, we can tailor the game drives to the majority of our interests.
- Wildlife Viewing: Are wildlife areas are huge and have a very large diversity of Animal life, Bird life, Plant life, and Geology. We may choose to focus on predators (lions, hyaenas , cheetahs and leopards), or the large herbivores (elephants, giraffes, rhinos, zebra, and wildebeest ) however we never know what we might come across while out in the African bush. We do share radio calls and work with other Safari Vehicles in the area, working together to locate the best wildlife sightings. In addition to looking for wildlife, we stop in the mornings for coffee and muffins , and in the evening for sundowners and snacks.
- Your Hosts: Kevin and or Tricia will be with you for your Safari. We will provide a meet and greet at the airport, as well as be with you to help with everything on your Safari. Kevin Dooley is a qualified FGASA nature guide and professional wildlife and portrait/wedding photographer. The advantages of having a professional photographer and wildlife guide with you on safari are many. With the knowledge of photography, the passion of getting just the right image and lighting, and the training in locating wildlife and understand their behavior is a big bonus to have on safari. Tricia Dooley is originally from South Africa and has a great knowledge of the country, it’s people, and the advantage of knowing the roads and directions to great places to visit and see. Tricia also has the advantage of communicating and understanding the local people.
- Ross Nickerson Banjo Safari
- $7999.00 per couple $4499.00 Single, Workshop $295.00
- 09 nights 10 Days
- Depart USA Oct 28th 2018
- Arrive Johannesburg October 29th 2018
- Emperors Palace October 29th 2018
- Shopping and Lesedi Cultural Center October 30th 2018
- Camp Safari Oct 31st-November 7th 2018
- Airport Johannesburg November 7th 2018
- USA Arrival November 8th
- Workshop Fee $295.00
[gallery_bank type=”images” format=”thumbnail” title=”false” desc=”false” responsive=”true” special_effect=”overlay_fade-white” animation_effect=”bounce” album_title=”true” album_id=”14″]
IDUBE Photo Safaris 2414 Juan Tabo NE Albuquerque NM 87112 505-345-6322 Cell 505-401-2988 Fax 505-345-1539
E MAIL CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org
South Africa Photo Safaris Banjo Workshops Wildlife photography photography workshops Honeymoons African Safaris