As a nature, wildlife and wedding photographer, I often have times when I need to grab a bit of my gear and get a move on. The Photocross is the perfect solution to this type of photographic situation. Often we have mountains to climb, rivers to cross, and wildlife to get to quickly. No need to cary that big case for this type of situation, just grab your photo cross and go.
I am very excited to try this bag out in Uganda this November while photographing Gorillas in the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. This will be the perfect opportunity to put this bag through the test. With mountains and thick rainforest, a full size camera pack will be too heavy and too bulky to heave around. The water resistant coating and quality zippers will also come in handy in this environment.
Our Gorilla trekking for 2017 is fully booked.
Here is a ink to sign up for our 2019 Gorilla trekking and MasaiMara safari with Canon Explorer of light photographer Rick Sammon.
Adventure photographers need a camera bag that’s as tough as they are. With its rugged materials and faceted design, the MindShift PhotoCross 13 sling bag will protect your gear from another punishing trip into the wild.
The PhotoCross is built to withstand the elements, yet comfortable enough to wear on long days in the field. This sling bag stays out of the way when you’re scrambling but offers quick access to your camera when you’re ready to take the shot.
PhotoCross 13 Dimensions
12.6” W x 17.7” H x 7.1” D
(32 x 45 x 18 cm)
9.4” W x 14.2” H x 5.5” D
(24 x 36 x 14 cm)
9.1” x 13” x 1”
(23 x 33 x 2.5 cm)
Maximum weight (with all accessories):
2.4 lbs (1.1 kg)
Shoulder strap length:
42.5–62.2” (108–158 cm)
(includes length of product)
Waist belt length:
up to 63.8” (162 cm)
(includes length of product)
Exterior: For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. The bag also features highest-quality YKK® weatherresistant zippers, 420D high-density nylon, heavy-duty nylon Tarpaulin, 350g air mesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: Removable closed-cell foam dividers, P210D liner, polyurethane backed velex liner, 2x polyurethane coated 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, nylon binding tape, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Dedicated, padded pocket fits a tablet or a laptop (13 = some 13” laptops)
- Easy rotation for rapid access to gear and accessories
- Waterproof Tarpaulin bottom panel
- Superior comfort with body-conforming design, wide shoulder strap and stability wing
- 3-point harness for stabilization with tuck-away waist belt
- Secure your bag by linking the zipper pulls together
- Water bottle pocket locks in most 1 liter bottles
- Breathable 320G air-mesh back panel keeps your back cool during long days
- Internal zippered pockets for batteries, memory cards or other small accessories
- Easily accessible front pocket for filters, snacks, or a light layer
- T-pulls are easily gripped with or without gloves
- Top and side carry handles
- Fully customizable interior dividers for photo or personal gear
- Seam-sealed rain cover included for downpour conditions
PhotoCross 13 Gear Profile
- Fits an ungripped DSLR, 2–4 lenses including a 70–200mm f/2.8 and some 13” laptops